Anyone who has been involved in the hiring process knows how tough it can be to pick a candidate with not just the right technical skills, but with the personality to fit into an IT department or some other technical role. After all, the only thing worse than hiring someone who is clueless about the job is hiring someone who is clueless about critical geek subjects. So we’ve put together a set of questions to test the mettle of any would-be tech employee to help you make sure a job candidate not only carries a geek card, but that it is up-to-date and of at least “advanced” status.
When you are interviewing job candidates, wouldn’t it be nice to have a list of questions that can determine whether the candidate is the right person for the job? Here is Bob Artner’s top-10 list of interview questions.
Top 10 job interview questions
- How’s your stamina?
- How hard have you been working lately?
- How do you react to being told “No”?
- Can you handle telling other people “No”?
- How good are you—REALLY—at handling change?
- Are you a good scrounger?
- What have the last couple of years taught you?
- How do you stay current?
- What’s the toughest thing you’ve had to do professionally?
- If you could take back one career decision, what would it be?