A bug report should have:
- A detailed description of what part of the product is defective. (Description)
- Detailed data identifying the product, version, module, build, and other information to help identify exactly where the error can be found. (Environment, Version number, Feature area)
- An evaluation of the severity of the problem. (Severity)
- Customer impact descriptions include how the bug affects the user and how the problem will affect customer scenarios and requirements. (Customer Impact)
- How to reproduce the bug, with detailed steps. (Reproduction steps)
- The expected behavior versus the actual behavior.
- Attached data files/logs, test codes/scripts, or other things necessary to reproduce the bug.
- Some other information; Assignment, Bug Status, Resolution