How to create a Windows Azure Web Role based application using ASP.NET MVC4 template.
- Visual Studio 2010 Pro/Express
- Windows Azure SDK 1.5 (You know, Microsoft already released the latest SDK 1.6.)
- You can get ASP.NET MVC4 from this link
1. After installed ASP.NET MVC4, you can create a new cloud application.
2. You can select ASP.NET MVC4 based Web Role as below.
3. Now you will be asked to choose ASP.NET MVC4 template as below so choose one of the given template and then select your view engine between Razor or ASPX.
4. Your project will open in VS2010 (or Visual Studio Web Developer). In the Solution Explorer windows, you will see the project details as below:
5. After it you can just launch your Windows Azure Cloud application in “Compute Emulator” by selecting Debug -> Start Debugging / Start Without Debugging.